Sausage & bean casserole Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 fat garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cooking chorizo sausages (about 400g)
- 6 pork sausages (about 400g)
- 1½tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 125ml white wine
- 2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 x 400g tin aduki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch chives (optional)
- Heat the olive or rapeseed oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the celery and peppers and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the sausages and fry the sausages for 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic, spices and dried thyme and continue cooking for 1 - 2 mins or until the aromas are released.
- Pour in the wine and use a wooden spoon to remove any residue stuck to the pan. Add the tinned tomatoes, and fresh thyme and bring to a simmer. Crumble in the stock cube and stir in.
- Cook for 40 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for a further five minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs, season with black pepper and serve.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Main Ing.: Chicken
0people reviewed this recipe
Copyright © 2020 MenuPages. All rights reserved. [ 0.2955 ]