Coconut dhal Recipe
- 250g red lentils (also called masoor dal or Egyptian lentils)
- 400ml coconut milk
- a handful of fresh curry leaves (find these in the herb section, an Asian grocers, or use coriander leaves)
- flatbread, to serve
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2-3 long pointy green chillies, sliced
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 onions, one finely chopped, one sliced
Put the lentils, coconut milk, the chopped onion, tomatoes, chillies and turmeric in a pan with 300ml water, season and simmer for 20 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
Fry the sliced onion in 4 tbsp oil until crisp, add the curry leaves (or coriander) and mustard seeds and sizzle together.
Pour over the lentils. Serve with flatbread.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Main Ing.: Vegetables
0people reviewed this recipe
Copyright © 2021 MenuPages. All rights reserved. [ 0.2886 ]