Chicken salad with crisp bacon Recipe
- meat from 1 ready-roasted chicken, shredded
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 100g bag watercress
- 2-3 heads red chicory, separated into leaves and halved if large
- ¾ cucumber, halved, seeds scooped out, then sliced on the diagonal
- 200g tub Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon
Mix the ingredients for the dressing with a little seasoning. Stir in the chicken and loosen with water if necessary.
Slowly cook the bacon in a large frying pan until crisp and the fat has run out. Drain on kitchen paper. Meanwhile, mix the onion with the oil, vinegar and seasoning.
Toss the onion with the watercress, chicory and cucumber, then pile onto a platter. Spoon the chicken on top, then break or chop the bacon over the top of that. Serve with crusty bread.
Prep. Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Main Ing.: Chicken
0people reviewed this recipe
Copyright © 2019 MenuPages. All rights reserved. [ 0.3058 ]