Spanish beans with chicken & chorizo
- 300g dried pinto or cannellini beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- thyme sprigs, bay leaves and bunch of parsley, tied together in a bundle
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- 250g small potatoes, cut into chunks
- 250g piece chorizo, chopped into large chunks
- 100g pack baby spinach
- Soak the beans for at least 4 hrs or overnight in a large bowl with plenty of water to cover. Next day, rinse and drain, then put in a large heavy based pan with the onion, paprika, herb bundle and chicken. Pour over enough water or stock to cover, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45 mins.
- Remove the chicken to a plate, then add the potatoes and chorizo to the pan. Continue cooking for 30 mins until the beans and potatoes are tender.
- Discard the skin and bones from the chicken and tear into large chunks. Return the chicken to the pan with the spinach and simmer for 5 mins.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Main Ing.: Chicken