- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large potatoes, cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2l vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can butter or cannellini beans
- 140g spaghetti, snapped into short lengths
- 1a„2 head Savoy cabbage, shredded
- crusty bread, to serve
In a food processor, whizz the carrots, onion and celery into small pieces. Heat the oil in a pan, add the processed vegetables, garlic and potatoes, then cook over a high heat for 5 mins until softened.
Stir in the tomato puree, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins.
Tip in the beans and pasta, then cook for a further 10 mins, adding the cabbage for the final 2 mins. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Main Ing.: Vegetables