Grilled chicken with spicy guacamole
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken breasts, skin on
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- juice 2 limes, plus extra limes cut into wedges, to serve
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 80g pack coriander, leaves picked and chopped
- 20g pack basil, leaves picked and chopped
- handful flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped
Heat a griddle on a medium heat, rub 1 tbsp oil all over the chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 25 mins, turning every 5 mins, until the skin is golden and the flesh juicy and cooked through. Lift onto a plate to rest.
Meanwhile, heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Brush the tortillas with 1 tbsp oil, then cut each into 6 triangles. Spread over a large baking sheet, then bake for 10 mins or until golden and crisp.
Put the tomatoes and onion in a mixing bowl, then add a good pinch of salt and a grind of pepper. Add the remaining olive oil, chilli, Tabasco and the juice of 1 lime. Leave to one side.
Peel and stone the avocados, then chop and mash lightly. Stir in the remaining lime juice and the tomato mix, then fold through the herbs.
Slice the chicken and serve it with the corn chips, guacamole and more lime wedges for squeezing over. This great sharing dish goes well with a few cold beers and maybe some mayo.
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6 people
Main Ing.: Chicken