- 50g unsalted butter
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 284ml carton double cream
- 3 red-skinned apples, each cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 3 pears, each cored and cut into 6 wedges
- juice ½ lemon
- generous pinch cinnamon
- 6 wooden skewers soaked in cold water for at least 30 mins
Melt the butter in a pan and tip in 100g of the muscovado sugar. Stir until dissolved, then leave to bubble for 30 secs. Pour in the cream, bring to the boil and whisk until smooth. Set aside until warm.
Meanwhile, heat the grill to high. Toss the fruit in the lemon juice, remaining sugar and cinnamon. Thread onto the skewers and arrange in one layer on a baking tray. Grill for 5 mins, turning once when golden. Serve with the warm butterscotch sauce.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 people
Main Ing.: Fruit