Lamb Cutlets with Garlic, Lemon and Paprika
Why not make up a large quantity of this marinade in advance – it is wonderful with cutlets and would also work well with leg steaks or loin chops. The longer you marinate the meat for, the better the flavour!
Preparation Time:30 minutes
Cooking Time:6-8 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teasp. ground paprika
- 2 teasp. chopped fresh oregano or thyme
- 1 teasp. clear honey
- 12 lamb cutlets, well trimmed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil in a shallow non-metallic dish and add the garlic, lemon rind and juice, paprika, herbs and honey. Season to taste and stir until well combined.
- Add the lamb, turn to coat with the marinade, then set aside for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours, covered with clingfilm in the fridge if time allows.
- When you are ready to cook, light the barbecue or preheat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Shake off the excess marinade from the lamb and add to the barbecue on medium-hot coals or to the griddle pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked through, turning once. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a couple of minutes. Serve the lamb with the salad and crusty bread.
- Energy - 650kcal.
- Protein - 52g.
- Carbohydrates - 26g.
- Fat - 39g.
- Iron - 3.8mg