Traditional lamb stew
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:50 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- In a clay pot (or heavy cast iron pot), put the oil and let heat in an oven at high setting.
- Add the sliced onions and brown.
- Sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper and place in the pot to brown the sides. When the lamb starts cooking, place the tomato over it and add the same amount of water.
- Let it heat for about 1 hour until the lamb feels soft and the sauce has thickened
- Remove from the oven and add the 'rice' pasta. Place in the oven at 180 for approx 30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Add more liquid (approx 1 cup water) if necessary.