Pork cooked in red wine and crushed coriander seeds
Preparation Time:30 minutes
Cooking Time:30 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2lbs (1kg) boned lean pork, diced
- 1 glass (200mls) red wine
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed coarsely
- Salt and lots of freshly ground pepper
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons sunflower or vegetable oil
- Marinate the meat in the wine and spices for at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.
- Lift the meat out of the marinade and dry on kitchen paper. Keep the marinade for later.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based casserole dish and brown the cubes of meat a few at a time, until all are crisp and brown. Add more oil if necessary.
- Wipe any excess oil from the pan and return all the meat. Pour over the marinade and enough cold water to just cover the meat. Cover the casserole with a lid and cook gently, either in the oven or on top for about 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Almost all of the liquid should have evaporated to leave a thick sauce. If necessary cook the afelia uncovered for a further 10 minutes to reduce excess liquid.