Gaeng Daeng - Thai Red Curry
This Thai Red Curry can be cooked with any meat, seafood or tofu as well - a favourite of ours is duck breast that has already been roasted. To add an even more authentic Thai experience get some Thai vegetables like Thai eggplant. Very mild, the curry paste is really for flavour, if you want to spice up this dish then add more or less fresh chopped chilies. This is the simplest of Thai dishes, just watch the coconut milk doesn’t separate. This dish is gluten free. There is a tiny amount of Fish Sauce - uns
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 300 grams chicken, finely sliced (about three fillets)
- 1 400ml can Thai Gold Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 teapoons Thai Gold Red Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Thai Gold Fish Sauce
- 250 mls chicken stock
- 1 serving or about 300 grammes of your favourite mixed fresh vegetables, roughly chopped. (the best vegetables with this curry are softer flesh, like eggplant, courgettes, green beans)
- 1. Add the coconut milk to a saucepan and heat up to just boiling.
- 2. Add the curry paste and cook until the curry paste has dissolved into the milk, stirring regularly as coconut milk can seperate.
- 3. Add the chicken, fish sauce, chicken stock and sugar.
- 4. Cook for five minutes, stirring regularly.
- 5. Add the vegetables and leave cooking for a further 2 minutes or so.
- 6. Serve with Thai Gold Organic Jasmine Rice.
- 7. Garnish: The Thais would garnish this dish with some fresh Thai Basil, and some chopped fresh chilies.