- Heat the oil in a large deep pan.
- Add brown rice and onion slices, turmeric, stock and lemon rind.
- Mix well then bring to the boil.
- Arrange the vegetables on top.
- Cover with a lid or foil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- You can also add leeks to this dish and artichokes instead of broccolli and cauli.
- This dish has to be served immediately as the rice can go sticky if you leave it in the pan for any length of time.
- You can also throw pulses in e.g. kidney beans or chick peas. I like to keep it simple as if I feel just a few veg mixed with the stock and very definite lemon flavour work. The olives also look lovely placed on top of the dish. You can also add chilli powder instead of turmeric.