- 1 free range egg
- 60g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- Icing sugar to dust
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C/Gas 2.
- Butter two large ramekins, about 7.5cm in diameter, then dust liberally with cocoa, shaking out any excess.
- Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, then take off the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick, then incorporate the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in, using a large metal spoon. Divide between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn the chocolate fondants out on to warmed plates. Dust the tops with icing sugar and serve with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.