- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g sultanas (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Milk - approx 150ml
- 1 egg and milk mixed to glaze
- Preheat oven to 180c. sieve flour baking powder and sugar into large bowl.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles bread crumb consistency.
- Add sultanas
- Add liquid until you form a soft dough (liquid amount can vary each time you make a batch so add bit by bit).
- Knead dough and roll out to 1.5 inchs thick.
- Using scone cutter cut out scones and place on baking tray.
- Glaze using egg and milk mix.
- Bake for approx 20 mins until golden on top and knife leaves them clear of dough. Cool and serve with butter and jam.