Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 470g (4 oz) lettuce leaves, chopped
- 470g (4 oz) spinach
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 120ml (4 fl. oz) sour cream, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 120ml (4 fl. oz) mayonnaise
- 470g (16 fl. oz) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a blender, combine the lettuce, spinach, scallions, cucumber, and parsley until the mixture forms a pureé.
- Gradually add in the chicken broth, sour cream, mayonnaise, mint, white pepper, and salt.
- Pureé the mixture until it reaches an even consistency.
- Refrigerate the soup until you are ready to serve.
- Serve the soup chilled in individual bowls, with a spoonful of sour cream over each serving, if desired.