This dish is very filling and warming and tastes even better if made the day before. You can also make enough to last for two days and just add a little water the next day.
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 potatoes diced in large chunks
- handful of fresh parsley and thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- teaspoon of cayenne, paprika or chilli powder – optional for a spicier stew ( I don’t put any in the kids stew, I remove their portions and then add spice
- This removes the high starch content from them.
- Put lentils in large pot and fill up three-quarters of the way with water. Bring to the boil.
- Add carrots, onions, parsley, parsnip and potato.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with brown bread.