This is my mums recipe for Irish Coddle. Its very wholesome and tastes delicious.
Preparation Time:5-10 minutes
Cooking Time:120 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 1/2 pounds smoked ham
- 1 quart boiling water
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drain, but keep the liquid. Put the meat into a large saucepan with the onions, potatoes, and parsley.
- Add enough of the stock to not quite cover the contents.
- Cover the pot and simmer gently for about 1 hour, or until the liquid is reduced by half and all the ingredients are cooked but not mushy.
- You may need to remove the lid during the last half of the cooking process. Season with salt and pepper.