Doyle's Lemon Cupcakes
Can be used for holidays like Patrick's day and Halloween by adding food colouring of your choice to the icing
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:50 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- * 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and prepare two 12-hole tartlet tins with fairy cake cases.
- * 2. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- half of lemon zest and mix,
- * 3. Gradually add the flour and the butter, folding the mixture together gently.
- * 4. Pour the mixture carefully into the fairy cake cases.
- * 5. Bake the cakes for 10-15 minutes, until golden on top and a skewer carefully inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Allow to cool for ten minutes on a wire rack before removing from the tin.
- * 6. To make the icing, whip together the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder and lemon zest and Food Colouring (Optional)
- * 7. Once the cakes are cool, ice them liberally. You can also top with your favourite sprinkles or decorations at this time.