Simple Leek and Potato Soup
An easy, thick and creamy Leek and Potato soup.
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:20-25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 4 medium - large leeks
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons double cream or 100ml milk (optional)
- 1. Chop the top off the leek and trim the roots. Chop the leek in half lengthways and wash under running water, fanning out the layers, to make sure all grit and mud has gone.
- 2. Wash the potatoes (peel if the skins look bad) and chop into eighths.
- 3. Chop the leek roughly. Heat the olive oil in a soup pan and add the leeks and potatoes. Stir to coat with oil. Then cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to stop browning.
- 4. Add the stock and stir well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- 5. Remove from the heat and liquidise. For a bit of variety, you can leave this soup whole, if you prefer.
- 6. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the cream / milk just before serving.