Cheaters Chocolate Cake
This is a quick and easy packet recipe and cam be personalized to suit your own taste. Depending on how much time you want to spend decorating, this cake is good for every occasion from children's birthday parties to a lovely Christmas dessert and so simple and quick to make even the kids could do it. Shown simply decorated with cherry filling and topping.
Preparation Time:8 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 1 Packed Odlam's Double Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- Easy Toppings:
- 1 Container Betty Crocker Chocolate or Vanilla Frosting or for super simple, (The vanilla Frosting is white and can be dyed with food colouring for special holidays like green for St. Patrick's Day, orange for Halloween or pink for a little girls birthday
- Icing sugar
- Make cake as per packet instructions for 2 sandwich tins, making sure you grease and line your tins as this will make it easier to ice.
- When cooled completely, spread a small bit of frosting on top of the bottom cake(this is where you can get creative if you want to add some cherry jam and whipped cream between the 2 layers) and place top cake directly over the bottom cake.so they line up perfectly.
- Spread remainder of frosting on sides and top of cake(sides work better with a plastic spatula than a knife) and you can use hundreds and thousands, icing sugar or and type of decoration to top the cake and serve with a napkin and glass of milk.