Gluten Free Sweet pastry
Can be used in almost any recipe where sweet pastry is called for.
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 75g fine ground cronmeal (maizemeal)
- 75g potato flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon xantham gum
- pinch salt
- 50g castor sugar
- 150g butter
- 1 med egg (mixed with 2Tbs cold water)
- Sieve flours, cornmeal and xantham gum in large bowl and mix well
- Cut butter into cubes and gently rub into flour mixture then stir in sugar
- Make a well in the centre of the mixed ingredients and add some of the egg/water mix, using a fork, bring the pastry together.
- Do not be tempted to add all the liquid as this may make the mixture too wet.
- On a board lightly floured with rice flour, gently kneed dough with the heal of your hand to form a smooth ball of dough. Flatten slightly and wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to use, roll out between 2 sheets of bakewell paper.