Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
Cooking Time:40-45 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 med Eggplant
- 100ml Oil
- 2 Tomato,diced
- 2 Green or red peppers,diced
- 1 Lg Onion, Diced Finely
- 2 Garlic cloves, Diced Finely
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Basil
- 4 Tbs Butter
- lengthwise, and scoop out the center from each half, leaving a 1/2"
- shell. Dice the eggplant meat.
- Place eggplant shells cut side down in a large skillet with about 1/2"
- boiling, salted water. Cover and steam 3 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil and cook diced eggplant, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and
- garlic until tender. Add cooked rice and seasonings, and stir to
- combine. Stuff mixture into the eggplant shells and dot with butter.
- Bake in a preheated, 175C oven about 35 minutes or until eggplant
- shells are tender. Makes 4two main dish servings.