A fabulous Dublin stew
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:90 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 1 pound bacon slices
- 2 pounds pork sausage links
- bacon fat or oil
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 large potatoes thickly sliced
- 2 carrots thickly sliced
- 1 large bunch of fresh herbs tied with string
- black pepper
- hard cider (apple wine) or apple cider
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces and combine with the butter and honey.
- Place this mixture into the metal rings and press the mix evenly on the bottom of the mould.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and icing sugar to the cheese, being sure not to mix it too much as this will cause the mixture to split.
- Remove the rings with a hot cloth or blowtorch.
- Place the cheesecake onto plates and decorate the tops with the strawberries and sprigs of fresh mint and spoon the sauce around the side.
- Decorate with the spun sugar and serve immediately.