Japanese Ginger Pork
This recipe is for a quick Japanese style pork saute. Great with rice and steamed veggies on the side. You can also double the recipe and use whole Pork Chops or chicken breasts for grilling!
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 6 g grated fresh ginger root
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml sake
- 30 ml mirin
- 455 g thinly sliced pork loin
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the ginger, soy sauce, sake and mirin.
- Add the sliced pork, cover, and marinate for about 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add the pork, and fry until brown.
- The pork should have a dark crispy look to it.
- Do not cook on low or medium heat, as the juices will not cook fast enough to get a crispy texture.
- Discard leftover marinade.