Japanese style dinner 'pancake' integrating cabbage and meat for a delicious meal!
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:30 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 340 g sliced bacon
- 315 ml water
- 4 eggs
- 375 g all-purpose flour
- 6 g salt
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 30 g minced pickled ginger
- 60 ml tonkatsu sauce or barbeque sauce
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until slightly crispy.
- Remove to paper towels to drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the water and eggs.
- Gradually stir in the flour and salt until smooth.
- Add the cabbage and ginger; stir until evenly distributed.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 of the batter into the center of the skillet.
- Place 4 slices of cooked bacon in the center.
- Use a spatula to shape the pancake into a circle.
- Fry for about 5 minutes or until the edges are dry.
- Flip and cook on the other side until the center is stable and it is browned on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and drizzle with tonkatsu sauce to serve.
- Continue with remaining batter and bacon.