Georgian Green Beans
Scrumptious and tangy green beans from Georgia. A great side dish with any meat.
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 910 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 45 g unsalted butter
- 1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 ml red wine vinegar
- 45 ml chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 9 g finely chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Place green beans in the water, and cook about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and drain in a colander.
- Place under cold water until no longer hot.
- Drain, and pat dry.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until onion is tender.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet, and mix in the green beans.
- Stir in the vinegar and broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in cilantro.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until green beans are tender.