Awesome Korean Steak
Quick cooking Korean Steak. Serve over rice or with fried vegetables.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 905 g thinly sliced Scotch fillet (chuck eye steaks)
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 60 g white sugar
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 30 ml sesame oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 75 ml mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, shallots, garlic, and mirin.
- Add the meat, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the meat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Serve with salad or fried rice.