Pork and Shrimp Pancit
A traditional Pancit taught to me by a Filipino friend while stationed overseas. Delicious and easy!
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 189 g rice noodles
- 75 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.9 g ground ginger
- 190 g cooked small shrimp, diced
- 250 g chopped cooked pork
- 280 g shredded bok choy
- 10 g oyster sauce
- 60 ml chicken broth
- 0.8 g crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, minced
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 20 minutes; drain.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute noodles for 1 minute.
- Transfer to serving dish, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet, and saute onion, garlic, ginger, shrimp and pork for 1 minute.
- Stir in bok choy, oyster sauce and chicken broth. Season with pepper flakes.
- Cover, and cook for 1 minute, or until bok choy is wilted.
- Spoon over noodles, and garnish with minced green onion.