Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Simple and delicious
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 100 g dried rice noodles
- 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 8 cooked medium shrimp, sliced in half lengthwise
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 45 ml fish sauce, or to taste
- 25 g cilantro leaves
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl of hot water until cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the sheets on a large dish cloth, separate from each other.
- Place a mint leaf into the center of each wrapper.
- Place two shrimp halves over the mint leaf, top with a small handful of the noodles, and 5 to 6 bean sprouts.
- Season to taste with fish sauce, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Roll them, burrito style, by folding the bottom of the wrapper over the filling in the center.
- Fold in the left and right sides, then roll the entire thing away from you tightly.