Sliced Steak Pizzaiola
Flank steak simmers to tenderness in Prego Pasta Sauce and is sliced thinly to serve with sauteed onions.
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 680 g beef flank steak
- 220 g onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 g Italian seasoning, crushed
- 475 ml Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add steak and cook about 8 minutes or until browned.
- Remove steak.
- Add onions, garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until tender.
- Return steak to pan.
- Add pasta sauce.
- Cook over low heat until desired doneness (3 minutes for medium-rare).
- Slice steak into thin diagonal slices.
- Serve with sauce.