Easy Indian Style Okra
An easy traditional Indian okra recipe using fresh okra and spices in a skillet
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 45 g butter
- 110 g onion
- 455 g sliced fresh okra
- 1 g ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and cook until tender.
- Stir in the okra, and season with cumin, ginger, coriander, pepper and salt.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until okra is tender.