Spicy Turkey Fajitas
A very easy supper dish which can be prepared ahead. Ideal for using your left over Christmas turkey – as it would be cooked turkey, it would not need cooking, just half and hour in the marinade. Then it can be added to the spring onions and red pepper.
Preparation Time:10 minutes + leave 30 minutes at least to marinate
Cooking Time: few minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 12 wheat tortillas or fajitas
- about 700g (1 1 lb) raw turkey or chicken breast, cut into thin chunks.
- little olive oil for frying
- 8 spring onions. Finely sliced on the diagonal
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red pepper, sliced thinly
- To serve: sour cream or creme fraiche
- Romaine lettuce, sliced thinly
- mango chutney
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C / 325F / Gas 3.
- Marinate the turkey in a bowl. Leave for 30 minutes, or more if time allows.
- Wrap 12 tortillas in foil and put into the oven for about 5 minutes to warm.
- Lift the turkey or chicken from the marinade using a slotted spoon. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the meat in batches with the spring onions and red pepper until golden brown and cooked through. Return all of the meat to the pan, and cook for a further few minutes. Pour over any remaining marinade from the bowl and cook for a further minute.
- Take three bowls, putting mango chutney, sour cream and lettuce in each bowl. Transfer the warm tortillas into a basket and spoon the meat into a serving dish.
- If liked, allow your guests to help themselves or serve on a serving platter. Spread each quarter of a fajita with mango chutney, sour cream and add lettuce and some of the spicy turkey and vegetable. Roll up and slice on the diagonal in half.