Bacon and Onion Herb Frittata
A Frittata is a baked omelette, under the grill. Add different herbs for flavour if liked.
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:6-8 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 8 eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- good knob of butter
- 4 oz (100g) streaky bacon, snipped
- 1 small onion, chopped coarsely
- 3 tablespoons
- Preheat your grill until very hot.
- Blend together the eggs and milk in a bowl, season with a little salt and pepper and whisk lightly with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a grill proof frypan over a high heat and add the bacon pieces and onion and fry until crispy. Keep stirring all the time not allowing the bacon to stick. Using a slotted spoon remove half the onion and bacon into a bowl and set aside and keep warm.
- Pour in the egg mixture into the pan with the remaining onion and bacon and sprinkle evenly with the cheese and parsley. Transfer the pan to under the grill and leave for about 6-8 mins until the omelette is just set.
- Pour the mustard dressing over the reserved onion and bacon and stir.
- Turn the frittata out (upside down) onto a serving dish and serve warm with the bacon and onion spooned on top.