Inexpensive and a real winner for flavour. The sauce can be made ahead and kept for three days in the fridge or frozen for up to a month.
Preparation Time:45 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 8oz (200g) best butcher’s very lean pork sausages
- a little oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 oz (50g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 7oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Mary Berry’s All Seasons Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3oz (75g) dried pasta, penne or fusilli
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Make long slits in each sausage and remove the skins. Measure a little oil into a non-stick frypan, fry the garlic and sausage meat - mash down and brown well.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir in with the sausage meat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil and them immediately lower the temperature, cover and allow to simmer for about 30-40 mins stirring from time to time. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the sauce is cooking boil the pasta in plenty of salted water until al dente – still with “a bone” in – see directions on packet for timings. Toss the sauce with the drained pasta and scatter with chopped parsley to serve.