Melting chocolate fondant
A chocolate lovers dream and a great way for the guys to earn brownie points.
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 60g good quality dark chocolate 70% coco content
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 20g icing sugar
- 20g plain flour
- Place the chocolate and butter in to a heat proof bowl, Place over asauce pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Do not allow to get toohot.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar together, either by hand or in a food processor.
- Add the flour and beat in.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and butter mix.
- Place mix in the fridge to set slightly.
- Brush 2 cooking rings or ramekins with soft unsalted butter and dust with coco powder or flour.
- When the mix has slightly set, pipe or spoon into the moulds.
- Cook in a hot oven 190c/gas 4 1 for 10-11 minutes. When cooked thefondants should have risen but still be runny in the middle. You cancook these fully if preferred so that they are firm.
- If using cooking rings place onto your serving plate then remove the rings. If using ramekins serve in them.