Fresh pesto is great to have in the fridge. It has so many uses. Cook some pasta, drain and then toss through some pesto. Great as a dip with breads. Brush over chicken or fish once cooked. The uses are endless.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 x 20g bunches of basil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons finely grated fresh parmesan
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the garlic into a blender with the basil leaves and the olive oil.
- Blend till smooth.
- Add the pine nuts and blend again until smooth.
- Add the parmesan and lemon juice and blend for a few seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper. You can add more olive oil if you wish the pesto to be thinner.