Try getting the kids involved when making these chciken goujons. As they are oven baked, they are much healthier than the deep fried variety. Serve with the curry dip found on the recipe page.
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Medium
- 800g boneless and skinless chicken
- 200g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g plain flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- sunflower or olive oil
- Cut the chicken into finger size strips.
- Place the seasoned flour in a mixing bowl and season with some salt and pepper.
- Place the beaten eggs into a separate mixing bowl.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a separate mixing bowl.
- Toss the chicken in the flour, remove and dip into the beaten egg mix.
- Remove them from the egg, letting the excess drip off, then toss them through the breadcrumbs.
- Shake off the excess breadcrumbs and lay on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6 /400 f
- Drizzle the goujons with a little sunflower oil and bake for 15-18 minutes turning the goujons over halfway through.