Spicy chicken wings
Everyone loves a sticky chicken wing. They're brilliant eaten straight or cold the next day. This marinade is also lovely with pork try it with ribs or some bone-in chops. If you don’t like the wings too spicy, just reduce the amount of cayenne pepper used.
Preparation Time:1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking Time:10 - 15 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 oranges, grated rind and juice only
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 large chicken wings
- Place the orange rind and juice in a large bowl and stir in the sugar, honey, cayenne, ginger and salt.
- Add the wings, cover and chill for an hour or two, turning from time to time.
- Cook on the barbecue for approx 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- You can cook the wings through in an oven and just finish them on the barbecue if you wish.