Slow roast tomatoes
Try these tast tomatoes with a green salad or toss through some cooked pasta with a little pesto. Use good quality on the vine tomatoes.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:5 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 8 vine tomatoes, core removed and cut in to 1/4's
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped or sliced
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- Remove the core from the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl,
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with a little sugar and add the garlic and the dried herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well in the bowl.
- Place on a baking tray and place in the oven at 220c.
- Cook for 5 minutes then turn the oven off.
- Leave the tomatoes in the oven until they are fully cold.
- Store in the fridge.