Thai Pork & Crab Balls
Try these tasty Thai treats as a starter for your next dinner party.
Preparation Time:25 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the pork and crab ballls:
- 225g pork steak, chopped finely (using a food processor)
- 170g white crab meat
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 egg white
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
- Boiled rice to serve
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp sunflower or ground nut oil
- 2 shallots or 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Put the pork and crab into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the spring onions, red curry paste, cornflour and egg white and mix well to make a thick paste.
- With damp hands mould the mix walnut sized balls.
- Place in the fridge whilst you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, heat the ground nut oil in a wok and stir-fry the shallots and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the chillies and spring onions and stir-fry for another minute. Now add the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 1 minute and set aside.
- To cook the pork and crab balls, heat a deep fat fryer (170c) or some oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the balls for 2-4 minutes, turning frequently until they are golden and cooked through.