Home made burgers
These are the best home made burgers you will ever make.
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the burgers:
- 1.2 kg lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 table spoons of tomato ketchup
- 3 table spoons of brown sauce
- 1 table spoon of dried mixed herbs
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1 table spoon of French mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a thick bottomed sauce pan, placed over a low heat.
- Add the finely chopped onion, garlic and dried herbs.
- Cook the onions gently, without letting them go brown for 4-5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the onions in a bowl and add the tomato ketchup, brown sauce, mustard, & Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mince and mix well.
- Season with the salt and pepper and mix in the beaten egg.
- Mould the mix into burgers.
- Over a high heat, add some olive oil to a heavy based frying pan.
- Fry the burgers well on both sides until they are well browned.
- Place in a pre-heated oven (190c) and cook until the burgers are cooked through .
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of the burgers, but the bestway to test them is to pierce them with a fork. Once the juices runclear the burgers are ready.