Roasted Vegetable Couscous
Just Bouillon's simple and satisfing Couscous
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:35 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 3 assorted peppers, deseeded
- 1 small aubergine, trimmed
- 175g/6oz courgettes, trimmed
- 300g.10oz sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g/9oz couscous
- 500ml/18 floz stock using Just Bouillon Vegetable Stock Cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp shredded basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan oven 180°C/400°F/ Gas Mark 6, 15 minutes before cooking.
- Cut the peppers, aubergine and courgettes and the sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Place in a roasting tin with the onion wedges and sliced garlic.
- Pour over the olive oil and turn the vegetables in the oil.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked.
- Meanwhile place the couscous in a large mixing bowl and pour over the stock.
- Cover and leave for 5 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed, Fluff up with a fork.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add them to the couscous and stir lightly together with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pile onto a large serving platter, sprinkle with the shredded basil and serve.