Easy Turkey Bake
Simple and delicious
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 550g/ lb 4oz potatoes, peeled
- 350g/12oz cooked turkey breast
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225g/8oz leeks, trimmed, sliced and thoroughly washed
- 175g/6oz closed cup mushrooms, wiped and cut in half
- 450ml/3/4pt chicken or vegetable stock made with
- Just Bouillon stock cube or powder
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 225g/8oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g/1oz grated mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the potatoes into 5mm slices and boil for 8 minutes.
- Drain and reserve.
- Cut the turkey and red pepper into small pieces and reserve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the leeks, pepper and mushrooms for 5-8 minutes or until softened then stir in the turkey meat.
- Spoon into a 1.2 litre/2 pint ovenproof gratin dish.
- Pour all but 3 tbsp of stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Blend the cornflour with the reserved stock to a smooth paste.
- When the stock comes to the boil, add the cornflour paste and cook stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Cook for 2 minutes then pour over the turkey and vegetable mixture. Stir lightly.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes on top then arrange the potato slices over and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with a crispy green salad.