Middle Eastern Curry
It is quick and easy to cook and is perfect for eating on cold winter evenings.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:1 hour and 12 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- * 450g/1lb steak pieces
- * 1 tsp oil
- * 2 tsp curry paste
- * 1 dsp Worcester sauce
- * 1 large onion - cut into rings
- * 4-5 potatoes - diced
- * 2 dsp onion relish
- * 400g/14oz can of peach slices
- * 400g/14oz can of coconut milk
- * 2 spring onions - finely chopped
- Add the steak pieces and the oil to a very hot pan and toss over a high temperature for 4-5 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the curry paste and dry fry with the meat for 1 minute to intensify the flavour. Add the Worcester sauce and stir.
- Next in with the onions and potatoes and cook for several minutes. Add the relish, tinned peaches and juice and, again, mix well.
- Finally, add the coconut milk - this will give a creaminess to the curry. Place the lid on the pan and leave to simmer very gently for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the meat is tender. It is important to stir the curry at regular intervals.
- Just before serving, add the spring onions. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve with poppadoms.