Preparation Time:10 minutes + leave for 1 hour to set
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the strawberries:
- 250g / 9oz strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- For the shrikhand:
- 250ml / 9fl oz Greek-style yoghurt
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked and the seeds removed and crushed
- pinch saffron strands, soaked in 1 tbsp boiling water
- 3 tbsp fine caster sugar
- 25g / 1oz flaked almonds
- 1. For the strawberries, place the strawberries in a bowl with two teaspoons caster sugar and the balsamic vinegar. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for one hour.
- 2. For the shrikand, place the yoghurt, cardamom seeds, saffron (and saffron water) and caster sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- 3. To serve, place equal portions of the strawberries into four sundae glasses. Place a quarter of the shrikand on the top of the strawberries in each glass.
- 4. Top with the toasted almonds