Chef Kate’s Blondies
This recipe has to be the least healthy ever to be included in GOOP. Butter and sugar GALORE, but you know, you only live once. I didn’t even really know how good a blondie could be until I tried this one. These yield tons of squares so they are ideal for a bake sale. The ingredients are pretty decadent, so out of curiosity we did a calorie count: 160 calories a piece, if you cut them into 60 squares. Not too shabby.
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Using an electric mixer (counter-top or hand-held), cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three parts, combining well after each addition.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the coconut, peanut butter chips and marshmallows (it’s an arm workout).
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the batter evenly in a nonstick or parchment-lined standard cookie sheet (12" x 18") with a 1" rim. Bake for 15 minutes, cover loosely with a piece of aluminum foil and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then cut into 60 squares; they will be soft and chewy on the inside.