Another delicious recipe from Green & Black's
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:40 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 200g (about 1 cup) fresh cherries
- 150ml brandy or port
- 400g strong, freshly ground, brewed coffee
- 25g good-quality hot chocolate powder
- 40g tablespoons demerara (raw) sugar
- 225g dark chocolate ice cream
- 225g vanilla ice cream
- 100ml heavy cream
- Green Blacks Cocoa powder for sprinkling
- Marinate the cherries in the brandy or port overnight, or preferably for up to 1 week, in the refrigerator.
- Make the coffee and while it is still hot stir in the hot chocolate and the sugar to taste. Remember not to make the mocha too sweet as the ice cream will be an additional sweetener.
- Chill the mocha in the refrigerator until very cold. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let soften for 10 minutes. Pour the mocha into 6 glasses, only three-quarters full, to allow enough room for 2 balls of ice cream.
- Drop 3 or 4 marinated cherries into each glass and then, using an ice cream scoop, carefully drop 1 ball of vanilla ice cream into the mocha, then 1 ball of chocolate ice cream on top. Try not to disturb the ice cream too much as it will cloud the lovely dark mocha coffee. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of cream over the top of the ice cream and then sprinkle some cocoa or dark chocolate flakes over it. Serve immediately.