Chocolate Pistachio Cake
Another delicious recipe from Green & Black's
Preparation Time:25 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- Butter and flour for coating the pan
- 230g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa content, finely chopped
- 40g unsalted butter
- 70g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 50g granulated sugar
- 100g shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- plus extra to decorate
- 2 teaspoons Green Blacks organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- Position the rack in the middle of the over. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Rub the inside of the cake pan with butter. Swirl a few teaspoons of flour around to coat completely. Invert the pan and tap out the excess.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the bowl and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; whisk well and set aside.
- Combine the eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whisk until foamy. Add the sugar and whisk until light and frothy, about 1 minute. Blend in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, whisking to blend completely each time. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until a skewer inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean. When inserted in the center, a bit of moist batter will cling to it. Do not over bake.
- Cool the cake on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate. Invert back onto the rack so the shiny side is up. Cool the cake completely before sliding it onto a serving plate. Sift the cocoa over the top and sprinkle with extra chopped pistachio nuts. Serve.