Another delicious recipe from Green & Black's
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:35 - 40 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 125g granulated sugar
- 120ml water
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 85g milk chocolate, preferably 34% cocoa content, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 300g heaped cups old-fashioned oats
- 450g cups Rice Krispies (or puffed rice cereal)
- 50g dried shredded coconut
- 35g Green Blacks organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the over to 180°C.
- Line a large roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water over low heat to make a syrup without caramelizing it. This takes about 5 minutes. Let the syrup cool until warm and then add the vegetable oil and chocolate, and stir to melt in the syrup. Add the honey to the syrup and mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, Rice Krispies, coconut, and cocoa. Add the syrup mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking pan to a thickness of about 1.5cm.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, and, using a fork, turn the Cocoa Crunch regularly. Be careful not to crush it into fine crumbs though; it should remain as chunks, like a granola.
- It is better to undercook the Cocoa Crunch as it will burn easily, especially around the sides of the baking pan, so do watch it.