Chocolate Oat Bars
Another delicious recipe from Green & Black's
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:50 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 0.8 g salt
- 75 g Butter
- 2 eggs
- 220 g firmly packed brown sugar
- 120 ml whipping cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 g pumpkin pie spice
- 3 g salt
- 120 ml chilled whipping cream
- 10 g sugar
- 0.4 g ground ginger
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together flour and salt in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water, with fork, just until flour is moistened. Shape dough into a ball; flatten ball slightly.
- Roll out ball on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters.
- Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Crimp or flute edge. Set aside.
- Beat eggs at medium speed in large mixer bowl until thick and lemon-colored (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add all remaining filling ingredients; beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Pour filling ingredients into prepared crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Continue baking for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream at high speed in chilled small bowl, scraping bowl often, until soft peaks form.
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar and ginger. Continue beating until stiff peaks form (1 to 2 minutes).
- To serve, top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with additional ground ginger, if desired. Store pie and whipped cream refrigerated.